Does spanking really mess up kids’ lives? In episode 82, Nicole Barbaro from Western Governors University Labs talks with us about her research into the factors that determine the answer to this question. Her study “The effects of spanking on psychosocial outcomes: revisiting genetic and environmental covariation” was developed with Eric Connolly, Madi Sogge, Todd Shackelford, and Brian Boutwell and first uploaded on March 8th, 2020 to the preprint server PsyArXiv.
Websites and other resources
- Nicole’s overview of the article on her blog
- Open Science resources for the article
- Nicole’s chapter on Behavior Genetics for the SAGE Handbook of Evolutionary Psychology (in press for December 2020 release)
- Nicole’s website and Twitter
- Nicole on “Mating, Life History, Attachment, And Mate Guarding” (The Dissenter vodcast)
- “What is Evolutionary Psychology?” with Nicole’s co-author, Todd Shackelford (Darwinian Diva podcast)
🔊 Access bonus content here.
We’re not a registered tax-exempt organization, so unfortunately gifts aren’t tax deductible.
Hosts / Producers
Doug Leigh & Ryan Watkins
How to Cite
What’s The Angle? by Shane Ivers