Bill Clark from the University of California Los Angeles discusses his research applying the endowment effect of Prospect Theory to decisions of why people move from, or stay in, their homes. His article, “Prospect theory and the decision to move or stay,” co-authored with William Lisowski, was published in the September 5, 2017 edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk by Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky
- Papers by Peter Morrison at RAND
- The Undoing Project: A friendship that changed our minds by Michael Lewis
- The Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) Survey
- Panel Study of Income Dynamics (PSID)
Patrons of Parsing Science gain exclusive access to bonus clips from all our episodes and can also download mp3s of every individual episode.
Patrons can access bonus content here.
Hosts / Producers
Ryan Watkins & Doug Leigh
How to Cite
Watkins, R., Leigh, D., & Clark, B.. (2018, January 23). Parsing Science – Decisions to Move. figshare. https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.5915404.v2
What’s The Angle? by Shane Ivers